If you worked in 2020 and your household income was less than $57,000, you may qualify for cash-back tax credits that can increase your refund.
The expanded California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC), along with a similar federal credit, can put thousands of dollars back in your pocket. You must file your taxes to claim the credits!
Workers with children under age 6 may also qualify for the Young Child Tax Credit—and receive up to an additional $1,000.
The average combined credit a family receives is $3,000.
Workers can file online for free or schedule an appointment for help with your tax filing. Learn more at www.OCFreeTaxPrep.com, a United for Financial Security Initiative empowered by Orange County United Way. The deadline to file is April 15, 2021.
English, Spanish and Vietnamese fliers and postcards
You can also download the fliers and postcards by clicking the following links:
- Flier for families (English)
- Postcard for families (English)
- Flier for child care providers (English)
- Flier for families (Spanish)
- Postcard for families (Spanish)
- Flier for child care providers (Spanish)
- Flier for families (Vietnamese)
- Postcard for families (Vietnamese)
- Flier for child care providers (Vietnamese)
Images to share on social media
Spread the word on how families can qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) and similar federal credit, as well as the Young Child Tax Credit. Click on each image to open in a new tab, then right-click and “Save Image” to use in your social media posts and share with your family, employees, and friends.